terça-feira, 13 de abril de 2010



Para quem precisar de um pouco de inspiração... poesia hoje e sempre, a majestral arte que nos faz sentir especiais... cá vos deixo alguns dos meus poemas de eleiçao. É apenas uma pequena amostra, não seria possível colocá-los todos aqui... mas estes resolvi partilhar! Espero que seja do vosso agrado...

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley


Alone

From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
From the same source I have not taken
My sorrow; I could not awaken
My heart to joy at the same tone;
And all I loved, I loved alone.
Then- in my childhood, in the dawn
Of a most stormy life- was drawn
From every depth of good and ill
The mystery which binds me still:
From the torrent, or the fountain,
From the red cliff of the mountain,
From the sun that round me rolled
In its autumn tint of gold,
From the lightning in the sky
As it passed me flying by,
From the thunder and the storm,
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view.

Edgar Allan Poe


Em toda a noite o sono não veio

Em toda a noite o sono não veio. Agora
Raia do fundo
Do horizonte, encoberta e fria, a manhã.
Que faço eu no mundo?
Nada que a noite acalme ou levante a aurora,
Coisa séria ou vã.

Com olhos tontos da febre vã da vigília
Vejo com horror
O novo dia trazer-me o mesmo dia do fim
Do mundo e da dor –
Um dia igual aos outros, da eterna família
De serem assim.

Nem o símbolo ao menos vale, a significação
Da manhã que vem
Saindo lenta da própria essência da noite que era,
Para quem,
Por tantas vezes ter sempre sperado em vão,
Já nada spera.


Fernando Pessoa

Um comentário: